Leadership development planning is explored, but it is more than a plan, it is a process.
Coaching is a critical part of leadership development, both formal and informal.
Personal mentoring is also explored, including the “three C’s” critical to leadership development:
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Read Chapter 2, “Leader Development”. As you read, consider the process of developing leaders and their elements and what activities could make the process more effective.
- Review the A-O-R Model webpage.
- Review the Summary of Lewin’s Force Field Analysis.
- Read the article What does it take to change this?.
- Watch the video Lewin’s Force Field Analysis Model.
- Watch the video Using the Force Field Analysis.
- Write a paper incorporating information from our textbook and the supplemental readings. Explain how you can use knowledge about each of the following to enrich the benefits of your own present leadership experiences:
- The action-observation-reflection model
- The people you interact and work with
- The activities you are involved in
- Provide a detailed explanation for your evaluation that demonstrates clear, insightful, critical thinking. Provide at least one personal example for each of the items (a–c) listed above.
- Include one academic source properly cited and referenced and one Force Field Analysis reference.