A Production Line Consists Of Six Workstations As Shown In

A production line consists of six workstations, as shown in the accompanying figure. The six stations are as follows:
(1) First manufacturing process, scrap rate is q1 = 0.10;
(2) Inspection for first process, separates all defects from first process;
(3) Second manufacturing process, scrap rate is q3 = 0.20;
(4) Inspection for second process, separates all defects from second process;
(5) Rework, repairs defects from second process, recovering 70% of the defects from the preceding operation and leaving 30% of the defects as still defective;
(6) Third manufacturing process, scrap rate q6 = zero. If the output from the production line is to be 100,000 defect-free units, what quantity of raw material units must be launched onto the front of the line?

Posted in Uncategorized