Analyze the impact of business processes on organizational performance.
Redman (2019) states that the world is changing quickly, change is hard, and many change efforts fail. A leader must have a good plan in place to navigate through these changes to stay successful. Now you will apply that knowledge to a company scenario, building an implementation plan into the process so it is actionable. Select one business from the current winners of the Malcolm Baldrige Award Recipients. Assume that you are the new CEO of this business who has goals of expanding your business. You can select one or more from the following list, or develop your own goals:
- Expand nationally or internationally
- Change your business offering(s) or target customers
- Merger or acquisition
- Another goal of your choice
For this 4- to 6-page APA-compliant paper (not including title and reference pages) respond to the following:
Section 1- Overview and Goal Description
- Select the company that you will use for this paper. Provide an explanation and rationale for your choice. As there are many categories in the Baldrige site, you may want to explore an industry you know well or look to expand your knowledge by selecting an industry you are unfamiliar with for increased learning and knowledge building.
- Describe the vision, mission, and values as individual components in the current state of the company. Explain the systems relationship of these elements and how they are related to helping the company achieve success.
- Provide any additional background information to provide additional context.
- As the new CEO, identify the growth goal(s) that you would like to achieve including a rationale for this choice(s).
Section 2- Vision Integration into Current State
- Describe the current vision of the company. You may reuse the content from Section 1.
- In your readings, you saw how a personal vision statement can be a foundation for creating a business venture and/or incorporation into the current vision of a company that you will be leading. For this section, you will present a plan for how you would integrate your vision into what currently exists for the company that you have selected for analysis. Support your thoughts with at least two sources from the unit readings, as well as two other sources you discover in your research. For this section, you may use sources that are not considered scholarly as your additional sources.
Include in this section:
- Your personal vision and the process that you used to create your personal vision.
- A draft of your revised vision, incorporating your vision into the current company vision.
- The process you will use to involve all stakeholders in the new vision creation based on your draft. You may use both descriptive and graphic representation tools (i.e., flow chart) to present this process. If using a drawing tool, please include a link to your illustration, or attach a file to your post. (If you are unsure how to attach a link or file to your post, contact the help desk.)
- The measurement process you will use to determine the effectiveness of your new vision on organizational success.
- All papers must be submitted in the current APA format. The Academic Success Center provides good resources and writing tutors for any additional support you will need.
- All elements of the assignment must be covered to receive full credit.
- Research sources, unless specified by the rubric will be considered scholarly sources.
For a review and tutorial on how to write a scholarly source and APA-compliant paper, review Getting Started with APA Style from the Academic Writer resource located in the left navigation of your course.