1. Using the preparation outline you created in Assignment 1.1, create a delivery outline for your introduction speech.
- Using a different file name, save a copy of the Assignment 1.1 document in which you created the preparation outline.
- Modify the preparation outline to make it a delivery outline.
2. Practice using your delivery outline to deliver your introduction speech. Print your delivery outline so you can use it as your speaker notes.
- Before you begin your practice delivery, imagine that you are standing in front of your target audience and think about the specific purpose you identified for your speech.
- Remember that your speech should last between two and four minutes.
- Keep track of the total time it takes you to deliver your speech to stay within this time frame.
- Deliver your speech at least once all the way through.
3. Present your speech to an audience of at least 2 other people.
- Remember to pay attention to the audience’s nonverbal communication and adjust as necessary.
4. Answer the following questions in a one-page (250-word) paper:
- Describe any issues you encountered during the delivery of your speech.
- How many times did you practice delivering your speech before you felt comfortable presenting it?
- What aspects of your speech delivery improved the most as a result of your practice?