Assignment 3: Presentation: “Biggest Challenges Facing Organizations in the Next 20 Years”
Due Week 9 (June 7, 2021, by 8:59 am Eastern Time) and worth 185 points
In this assignment, you will create a PowerPoint presentation that outlines what you believe will be the five biggest challenges facing organizations in the next 20 years. This is your opinion. It should not be written on a specific company. This is a slide presentation where you are pretending to speak to an audience so that you begin to get comfortable presenting in front of your peers and company officials should you be asked to do so in your organization. Normally, you would be actually speaking to them, so you are asked to type the comments that you ordinarily say out loud in front of them below each slide in the designated “Notes” section. Remember that you are speaking to them from the beginning of your presentation, so you should welcome them on slide one and let them know your name and what you plan to discuss. Each slide must have comments below it. Also remember that you must identify five challenges and discuss each one on a different slide (slides 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7). Do not just select one challenge and write about it on five slides. There must be five different challenges identified.
Remember that Audio and Graphics are not required for this assignment. They take up lots of space, and your file must be 9 MB or less for it to upload properly in the system.
Write an eight (8) slide (there should only be 9 slides if you listed citations on your slides – then slide 9 would be titled, “References,” and you would list your references) presentation in which you:
- Provide a title slide [slide one (1)] (as indicated in the format requirements below) followed by a slide two (2) titled, “Introduction,” that lists the five challenges that you plan to discuss on slides three (3) four (4), five (5), six (6), and seven (7).
- Presentation should include your choice of the five (5) different challenges [listed in the same order that you listed them on slide two (2)] that you believe organizations will face in the next 20 years. Only include one (1) challenge and your explanation for choosing that challenge per slide for a total of five (5) slides.
- Provide one (1) summary slide which addresses key points of your presentation from the five (5) challenge slides.
- Provide notes typed below each slide in the “Notes” section, indicating what you would say if you were actually presenting in front of an audience. If you are unable to view it, then use your cursor to raise the bottom of your slide, and it will come into view. Then, place your cursor in the ‘Notes’ section, and you will be able to type. Be sure to begin typing comments on your title slide and every slide thereafter because you are speaking to an audience, so be sure to welcome and thank them for attending your presentation. Be sure to let them know your name. Slide two (2), titled “Introduction, should let your audience know what you plan to discuss, so be sure to type those five (5) different challenges in that section because you are still speaking to them.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Format the PowerPoint presentation with headings on each slide ensuring that the presentation is visually appealing and readable from 18 feet away. It is fine to also choose a background for your slides, but do not make it too dark or too busy. Remember that it must be appealing to your audience, so make it soft on the eyes, but viewable.
- Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.