This assignment will demonstrate understanding of substance use from the biopsychosocial model. Create a tri-fold brochure or pamphlet. You may use the available brochure and pamphlet templates in Microsoft Word. Make sure your brochure or pamphlet is visually appealing and can be used as a method to present to clients in various settings.
Address the following in your assignment:
- Choose a substance that is used with the potential for abuse (i.e., alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, opioids). Briefly introduce the substance.
- Using the Biopsychosocial Model, explain why someone uses this substance.
- Address how media influences substance use (i.e., music/concerts, social media, celebrities).
- Discuss the health risks, ramifications and/or benefits associated with the substance.
- Identify treatments/techniques used to treat addiction associated with the substance. Include an explanation of how these treatments/techniques are implemented.
Use a minimum of three to four scholarly resources to support the content in your brochure or pamphlet.
Each section in the brochure or pamphlet should have a clear title heading (i.e., Substance, Use/Abuse, Media Influence, Risks/Benefits, Treatments).