Challenges in the Business Environment
Changing, or even stating, a company’s values can be a long and arduous process, but it often pales in comparison to the effort it takes to make sure they are honored, implemented, and projected. In this assignment, you evaluate how well your chosen company from the first assignment has done in “walking the talk” and responding to a social issue. The chosen company from the first assignment was COCA COLA.
Review Coca Cola’s mission and values statements as well as other sources that provide insight into the company’s values with regard to social responsibility. Pick two of their primary values and research how the company manifests those values. Simple examples might be the commitment to workplace diversity or ecological sustainability.
Create a 3–5-minute (approximately 6–8 slides) PowerPoint presentation that evaluates how well the company embodies its issue-related values. Your presentation should contain detailed speaker’s notes that flesh out and support main points, ideas, or conclusions and have supporting citations.
- Summarize your chosen company’s Supplier Responsibility information.
- In your own words, explain how each aspect of your Supplier Code of Conduct is committed to ethical business practices and social responsibility.
- Discuss your company’s stance on each of the following areas:
- Empowering Workers.
- Labor and Human Rights.
- Health and Safety.
- The Environment.
- Identify the key ways that your company’s Code of Conduct has changed since last year.
- Examine the manner in which your company’s Supplier Code of Conduct helps the organization operate as a socially responsible organization.
- In this week’s discussion, you consider assembling a team to write a supplier code of conduct. Recommend the stakeholders roles (4–5) needed on the team and how each supports the project.