Identify a case of corporate fraud by finding a current event or by researching historical cases. After finding a case, complete the following in your initial discussion post:
- Briefly summarize the case, including what happened, who was involved, and what damages were incurred.
- Note how the fraud was detected and discuss any red flags that appeared prior to detection.
- Could an accounting and finance system have helped deter this fraud? If yes, how? If no, why not?
- Are there any specific business policies and procedures that could have been in place that would have prevented the fraud from occurring? Explain.
- Embed course material concepts, principles, and theories, which require supporting citations along with at least two scholarly peer reviewed references supporting your answer. Keep in mind that these scholarly references can be found in the Saudi Digital Library by conducting an advanced search specific to scholarly references.
- Reply to at least two of your peers’ initial posts. These replies need to be substantial and constructive in nature. They should add to the content of the post and evaluate/analyze that post’s answers. Normal course dialogue doesn’t fulfill these two peer replies but is expected throughout the course. Keep in mind that within your initial post, answering all course questions is required.