analyse a case relevant to the issues for DataClear.
- Review readings from unit 1.
- Thoroughly read the case. It is recommended that you read 2-3 times.
- Prepare a 5-page report (12-point font, double spaced not including the title page or reference page), that addresses the following questions:
- Why is the Brexit vote significant both within the UK and globally?
- What are the potential implications for the Brexit vote in relation to Canada’s relationship with the EU and the UK?
- What are the key challenges facing leadership in the UK in light of the Brexit vote?
A case study is a detailed investigation of a single individual or group. Case studies are a common method of business research and business education. They are often used in business education courses to give students insights into real-world application of theories, to demonstrate how an organization deals with difficult issues and problems, and to explore business issues as illustrated in a particular situation.
A case study has the advantage that it gives the reader a holistic view of an organization at work. This often differs from theoretical business and social science research that tends to focus on a single set of phenomena. As the case study intends to demonstrate a particular principle, it may be a story about a true business organization, or a fictitious story created from a collection of real companies.
The case study method is also a research methodology. By examining a single case, the researcher may seek to illustrate the actions of atypical or outlier occurrences. Or the researcher may examine several organizations that may show similar results. In either circumstance, the researcher is seeking generalizable findings that may support or contradict theory.
In this unit, you will read about case study methodology in business learning. Specifically, the first reading outlines how to best approach a case, while the second outlines how to best prepare a case analysis report. In this course, for each of the 5 topics being studied, you will analyze a case and prepare a report.