Competency 2: Analyze talent management approaches used to build high-performance organizations.
This reflection activity is comprised of two sections collectively totaling a minimum of 500 words. Complete your reflections by responding to all prompts.
Visit O*Net. In the search box, search for your current job, a job you know well, or a job you may aspire toward. Answer the questions below based on the job you searched for:
- What is the job title?
- What are the top 5 tasks listed for that job?
- As an HR manager, which skills do you think will be in demand for this position? What would you look for in a candidate?
- As someone applying for the position, what training or professional development opportunities would you consider completing to gain the necessary skills?
Chapter 6 describes experience-based situational interview questions in which a candidate must describe how he or she handled a specific type of situation (see Table 6.2 for examples). Imagine you received a promotion and were going to interview candidates to replace you in the role searched above.
Consider the answers to the question above and address the following:
- Describe 4 experience-based situational interview questions you might ask each candidate.
- Explain what would you expect to learn about the candidate from their response to each question.
- Explain why it is important as the hiring manager to know what you expect to learn from these questions?
Submit your reflection.