Journal: Recommendations for Rehabilitation
Watch the video An Insider’s Plan for Rehabilitating the Juvenile Justice System, Jeff Wallace and use the case chosen from the PBS cases Four Kids, Four Crimes in Week 7’s discussion to address the following:
- Discuss how you believe Wallace’s recommendations could have helped rehabilitate the juvenile featured before they were sentenced as an adult.
Assignment 2.) Discussion WK_8
For this discussion: 1-1/2 page
- Research and examine at least one juvenile diversion program in a state of your choice. Address the following in your post:
- What is the purpose of a juvenile diversion program?
- What offenses are eligible for the program in the state you selected?
Assignment 3.) Journal WK_9
Journal: The Corrections System
Please respond to the following: 1-1/2 page
- How will issues in the corrections system affect you as a criminal justice professional?
- Which aspects of the corrections system will be most important for you to be knowledgeable of when interacting with other agencies, colleagues, or citizens?
Juvenile Versus Adult Court Systems
In this assignment, you will choose a criminal case study from your own research or use one from the crime section of The Daily Chronicle website to examine the differences between the juvenile and adult court systems. You will read and summarize a case involving an adult. Then you will consider how this case would unfold differently had a juvenile committed the crime.
Read the case information and write a 2–1/2 page paper in which you:
- Summarize the facts of the case.
- Examine how the procedure would differ if the defendant or defendants were underage when the offense was committed.
- Identify and discuss how juvenile proceedings differ from adult criminal proceedings as well as the differences in charges for the same crime.
- Define the waiver process of transferring a juvenile into the adult court system.
- Make and support recommendations for disposition based on the assumption that each defendant in your selected case is a minor being tried as a juvenile.
- Use at least three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
Journal WK 10
Journal: Job Interview Questions and Resources
Respond to the following questions 1-page as if you were being interviewed for a new job:
- How do you handle conflict with coworkers?
- What is your greatest strength and what is your greatest weakness?
- What questions do you have for us?
Assignment 6.) Discussion
Please address the following:
- Examine your career path as a criminal justice professional over the next five years and identify your career goals.
career path is a private investigator.