Subject – Cloud Computing –
This is a required assignment worth 75 points (75-points/1000-points). Assignment must be submitted by the due date. No late assignments are allowed. Please discuss the following topics and provide substantive comments to at least two other posts. Select from the following list four (4) topics and discuss. Use only 50-words max per topic to discuss and present your answer. The discussion questions this week are from Chapter’s 14 & 15 (Jamsa, 2013).Chapter 14 topics:
- Define and describe the mobile web.
- Describe the different generations of cell phones.
- Describe how smartphones differ from ordinary cell phones.
- Select a mobile or traditional website that interests you. Describe the site in terms of the ecosystem that makes up the site’s user experience.
- Describe how web pages differ from apps and how apps differ from widgets.
- Discuss why developers say that HTML5 will drive mobile solutions.
- Describe some development best practices for designing solutions for the mobile cloud.
Chapter 15 topics:
- Define corporate governance.
- Discuss the events that led up to the need for increased corporate governance.
- Define business strategy. List five possible business strategies.
- Discuss the purpose of the Capability Maturity Model.
- Define auditing.
- Define internal control and provide an example of a control.
- Discuss the role Sarbanes/Oxley has played with respect to corporate governance.
- Define IT governance.
- List factors one should consider with respect to governing the cloud.
Note: You are required to use at least two-peer reviewed sources (besides your textbook) to answer the above questions. The initial post is due by Wednesday at 11:59pm ET. You must engage on at least three separate days (by Wednesday for the first post and two additional days of peer engagement).
Executive Practical Connection –
For this project, select an organization that has leveraged Cloud Computing technologies in an attempt to improve profitability or to give them a competitive advantage. Research the organization to understand the challenges that they faced and how they intended to use Cloud Computing to overcome their challenges. The paper should include the following sections each called out with a header.
• Company Overview: The section should include the company name, the industry they are in and a general overview of the organization.
• Challenges: Discuss the challenges the organization had that limited their profitability and/or competitiveness and how they planned to leverage Cloud Computing to overcome their challenges.
• Solution: Describe the organization’s Cloud Computing implementation and the benefits they realized from the implementation. What was the result of implementing Cloud Computing? Did they meet their objectives for fall short?
• Conclusion: Summarize the most important ideas from the paper and also make recommendations or how they might have achieved even greater success.
The paper must adhere to APA guidelines including Title and Reference pages. There should be at least three scholarly sources listed on the reference page. Each source should be cited in the body of the paper to give credit where due. Per APA, the paper should use a 12-point Time New Roman font, should be double spaced throughout, and the first sentence of each paragraph should be indented .5 inches. The body of the paper should be 3 – 5 pages in length. The Title and Reference pages do not count towards the page count requirements.
For Paper 1, I need 3pages of work…
For Discussion 1, you will find the Chapter 14 & 15 attachments below…
Subject – Operational Excellence
This week we focus on the concept of the balanced scorecard. Please note what it is and how organizations use balanced scorecards. Note any alternative methods organizations use instead of the balanced scorecard and why they would use these methods over the balanced scorecard.
Note: The first post should be made by Wednesday 11:59 p.m., EST. I am looking for active engagement in the discussion. Please engage early and often.
Your response should be 250-300 words. Respond to two postings provided by your classmates.
Information Systems for Business and Beyond Questions:
- Chapter 6 – study questions 1-10, Exercise 3, 6, & 7
Information Technology and Organizational Learning Assignment:
- Chapter 6 – Review the section on knowledge creation, culture, and strategy. Explain how balance scorecards impact knowledge creation, culture, and strategy. Why are these important concepts to understand within an organization?
The above submission should be one -page in length and adhere to APA formatting standards.**Remember the APA cover page and the references (if required) do not count towards the page length**Note the first assignment should be in one section and the second section should have the information from the Information Technology and Organizational Learning assignment. The paper requirements for the two-pages applies to the second part of the assignment directly related to the Information Technology and Organizational Learning assignment.
For paper 2, I need 2pages of work…
For Discussion 2 and Paper 2, I have attached the textbooks below to answer the questions…