- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate outside scholarly sources when required
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates and/or instructor
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
- Best Practices include:
- Participation early in the week is encouraged to stimulate meaningful discussion among classmates and instructor.
- Enter the discussion often during the week to read and learn from posts.
- Select different classmates for your reply each week.
Care expressed and practiced in professional nursing models provides a way of looking at the nursing role from the aspect of care. It may seem excessive to consider aspects of caring and compassion in nursing. However, precisely because it IS nursing makes it crucial to our continual progress of defining and upholding one of our central professional principles.
Address each of these items:
- Reflect on a caring and compassionate experience with a patient or family encountered in your practice.
- How was your compassion demonstrated?
- How does your thinking about compassion expand to include self and colleagues?
- Reflect on the iCARE Self-Assessment and share an insight related to this discussion.
Please complete the iCARE Self-Assessment (Links to an external site.) and download for your own use and information. The self-assessment is not a graded item.