In this module, you have learned about the importance of prioritizing people, whether it be employees, the local community, or customers. In this assignment, you will explore important considerations for culturally competent business practices, which can help strengthen and maintain relationships.
You are a procurement manager working on training a new sourcing analyst. As part of their training, they will be traveling with you to meet with new and existing suppliers for specialized parts your company needs. This will allow your colleague first-hand experience and help them develop relationships with the business professionals they will be working with in the future.
You need to make sure that they are familiar with cultural business practices for the places you will be visiting so that existing business relationships remain strong and new relationships start off well. You have decided to create a brief guide that includes the cultural considerations they will need to be aware of while doing business.
Use the Module Two Assignment Template to create a guide that provides a brief overview of culturally considerate business practices for three countries of your choosing that are outside of the United States. Use course and external resources (such as the Shapiro Library) to gather information on your selected countries and their cultural business practices.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Authority Figures: Describe how figures of authority are treated and shown respect in each selected country, as well as actions or communications that may cause unintended offense.
- Levels of Formality: Describe the level of formality that business professionals follow in each selected country. Examples are things like language, dress, or etiquette.
- Social Norms: Identify common social norms that should be used in business in each selected country, as well as hand gestures and body language that should be avoided or that may cause unintended offense.
- Time and Scheduling: Describe how the concepts of time and scheduling are treated in each selected country, as well as considerations for business-meeting etiquette that should be considered to avoid causing unintended offense.
- Business Practices: Describe general business practices that should be taken into consideration when conducting business in the selected countries. Examples include meals, cultural holidays and events, and the use of formal contracts.
Guidelines for Submission
Submit the Module Two Assignment Template to complete this assignment. Use bullet points when completing the template. Sources should be cited according to APA style.