CHOOSE and RESPOND to 4 QUESTIONS
1. What role, would you say, race and social class played in Kincaid’s Lucy?
2. Briefly discuss the relationship between our protagonist and her mother. Point to a few specifics from the novel.
3. Discuss some specific challenges Lucy experienced in her new country. Reference at least three different instances/experiences.
4. Describe a situation/person you may know who experienced (and pushed through) similar experiences like Flavio, in Park’s “Flavio’s Home”.
5. Compare Parker’s account of poverty in “What is Poverty?” to what you know/understand poverty to be. Cite specific examples from the reading
6. Compare Cofer’s experience in “The Myth of the Latin Woman” with aspirations of women as described in “Leaky”.
- The first three questions are related to Lucy. You MUST answer at least TWO of the three
- USE SHORT QUOTES AS NEEDED
- PROOFREAD CAREFULLY
- INDICATE QUESTIONS ANSWERED
- EACH RESPONSE SHOULD ROUGHLY BE ONE-TWO PARAGRAPHS
present in proper academic format. Name, Course, ‘Mid-Semester Review’, date, and my name, upper left hand corner. Responses must be double-spaced and revised