With the merger of your company with a multinational company, you have come to realize that progressive solutions are necessary to defray some of the associated information technology costs. Company executives believe that using cloud technology and virtualization is becoming the standard for companies that are engaged in Internet-based technologies. Your company is on the verge of global marketing and competition; therefore, your company needs to make smarter decisions and improve global business performance. Cloud technology and virtualization are believed to provide business insights without enormous infrastructure enhancements. The executive board is aware of the profound benefits of cloud technology and virtualization but is apprehensive because they are unfamiliar with the look and feel of the technology. The executive team is interested in your recommendations and eagerly waiting for your forward-thinking viewpoint.
Section 1: Design Document
Write a 4–6 page design document in which you:
- Support the need for the use of cloud technology and virtualization within the company.
- Assess expected cost savings in hardware infrastructure.
- Determine the possible reductions of human capital that can be realized from implementing cloud and virtualization technologies.
- Create a diagram through the use of Microsoft Visio or an open source alternative such as Dia to illustrate how cloud and virtualization technology could align with the company’s business processes and assist with attainment of organizational goals. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length but must be included in the design document appendix.
- Provide a compelling recommendation for solution providers and partners that could help the company secure a firm competitive advantage by using cloud and virtualization technologies.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Section 2: Revised Project Plan
Use Microsoft Project to:
- Update the project plan (summary and detail) template, from Project Deliverable 3: Database and Data Warehousing Design, with 3–5 new project tasks each consisting of 5–10 subtasks.