After our Fraud and Abuse chapters and discussion boards, I hope you are all concerned with preventing these types of things from happening in a facility that you are in charge of. The Compliance Program project is having you do just that; you are to create a program that keeps your facility in compliance with federal laws, regulatory agencies and the like.
This is usually does not include quality improvements; you are trying to prevent fraud and abuse in your organization. Your compliance program should answer all of the questions below (in paper format):
1. Identify a healthcare setting that you will be developing a compliance program for and what area you are focusing on for compliance.
2. Identify the key employees responsible for the program’s implementation and operation.
3. What are the goals of this compliance program? What is the process for initial implementation?
4. How does the compliance reporting system work?
5. How often does the compliance team report to Senior Management?
6. What is the process for reassessment of the program and implementation of any updates or changes to the program?
7. Is education related to compliance provided to the teams? If so, is the effectiveness of the training being assessed and are there measures established to enforce training?
8. Are there internal measures in place for reporting compliance violations? 9. Are there external measures in place for reporting compliance violations?
10. What policies are in place, that address the appropriate protection of “whistleblowers” and those accused of misconduct.
11. Provide any additional details that are relevant in support of your Compliance Program There are many resources out there from the regulatory agencies such as OIG and CMS. **Please include an APA style title page and reference page. These do not count as pages towards the assignments 1-2 page requirement**
The post This is usually does not include quality improvements; you are trying to prevent fraud and abuse in your organization. appeared first on Versed Writers.