Need for 2 students
Assigned Readings:Chapter 1. IntroductionChapter 2. Process Approach to Project Management
Initial Postings: Read and reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Then post what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding in each assigned textbook chapter.Your initial post should be based upon the assigned reading for the week, so the textbook should be a source listed in your reference section and cited within the body of the text. Other sources are not required but feel free to use them if they aid in your discussion.Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
- Find a recent news article on an ongoing project, evaluate the management’s performance, and explain how the project could be better organized and managed.
- Discuss the pros and cons of the spiral project life-cycle model and the waterfall project life-cycle model. How are the processes in the PMBOK related to each other? Give a specific example.
Evaluation of posts and responses: Your initial pots and peer responses will be evaluated on the basis of the kind of critical thinking and engagement displayed. The grading rubric evaluates the content based on seven areas:Content Knowledge & Structure, Critical Thinking, Clarity & Effective Communication, Integration of Knowledge & Articles, Presentation, Writing Mechanics, and Response to Other Students.
Find an article describing a national project in detail. On the basis of the article and on your understanding of the project, answer the questions below. State any assumptions that you feel are necessary to provide answers.
- Who were the stakeholders?
- Was it an internal or external project?
- What were the most important resources used in the project? Explain.
- What were the needs and expectations of each stakeholder?
- What are the alternative approaches for this project?
- Was the approach selected for the project the best, in your opinion? Explain.
- What were the risks in the project?
- Rank the risks according to severity.
- What was done or could have been done to mitigate those risks?
- Was the project a success? Why?
- Was there enough outsourcing in the project? Explain.
- What lessons can be learned from this project?
This is to be in narrative form and should be as thorough as possible. Bullet points should not to be used. The paper should be at least 1.5 – 2 pages in length, Times New Roman 12-pt font, double-spaced, 1 inch margins and utilizing at least one outside scholarly or professional source related to project management. The textbook should also be utilized. Do not insert excess line spacing. APA formatting and citation should be used.