Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 3, 4
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
Select a work of art from any of the chapters in our textbook, and write a response that analyzes the art through the lens of a descriptive critic, an interpretive critic, and an evaluative critic. What different things would these critics have to say? Use the following guidelines:
- Descriptive Critic: Address at least 3 different elements of art and/or principles of design.
- Interpretive Critic: This will require research so that you can understand the subject, meaning, and intent of the work.
- Evaluative Critic: Use the standards of perfection, insight, and inexhaustibility (as described in the text).
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least one peer. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification. Provide feedback on whether you agree or disagree with their criticism. Explain why. Build on their posts by providing additional insight of your own. If your peer selected the same artwork as you, make sure to address new point or develop existing points in more depth.
- Minimum of 2 posts (1 initial & 1 follow-up)
- Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside source)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references